Re: Custom Install CD

> I can't get the magic of the custom bootloader CDs worked out.  I have
> my kernel built and hardware tested.  I even have a completely built
> from source NetBSD 9.3.  I just can't get the ISO image made
> correctly.  According to the NetBSD web site, I perform the following
> to create the ISO:

Maybe we should update obsolete bootcd info?
 https://www.netbsd.org/docs/bootcd.html#macppcimage

IIRC macppcboot.raw was pre-built binary by an old developer
and there was no public way to reproduce it, so it could not be
used after ofwboot changes. I implemented an alternative tool to
generate the similar binary as src/distrib/cdrom/macppc_mkboothfs:
 https://github.com/NetBSD/src/commit/42f593a

i.e. you can use src/distrib/cdrom/boothfs.uue, IIRC.

Currently src/distrib/cdrom/Makefile can handle it properly
so that you don't have to type commands manually.

A dumb README in src/distrib/cdrom (written by me) just says:

 https://github.com/NetBSD/src/blob/c9fee3e/distrib/cdrom/README#L90-L94
>> make RELEASE=5.0 TARGET_CD_IMAGE=macppccd \
>>     DISTRIBDIR=/usr/obj.macppc/releasedir all
>>  -> build an ISO image for macppc from release binaries
>>     built by "build.sh release" in the RELEASEDIR
>>     (use appropriate RELEASEDIR on your build environment)

---
Izumi Tsutsui