Re: pdisk not updating disk label?

Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> writes:
> I'm not sure of the macppc details here, but my guess is: at some time
> in the past you (or sysinst, or whatever) wrote a NetBSD disklabel. In
> that case maybe just deleting that (disklabel -D) could help.
> After deleting the label (or maybe at next boot) the kernel will
> recreate a fake disklabel from the apple partition map.

Ah-hah.  I suspected that might be the case, but given the warnings
in INSTALL I was afraid to do "disklabel -D" without confirmation
from somebody who knows what they're talking about.  Indeed, after
deleting the label everything worked as expected.

> In general the
> kernel should prevent such labels to be written though - so this can't
> really be the issue?!?

I'm sure that the old label dated from when I installed NetBSD 8.1
on this machine, back in 2017.  Either sysinst put it on, or
I did so manually following the INSTALL directions of the time.

Anyway, seems all good now.  Thanks for your help!

			regards, tom lane