Re: Booting on a Powerbook6,8 (was Re: Installing 8.0 on a Powerbook6,8)

> On Feb 13, 2021, at 11:26 AM, Michael <macallan%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
>
> My 6,4 has exactly the same memory layout ( I sent you the ofctl -p
> dump ) and Just Works(tm).
> Is this with FIRMWORKSBUGS ?

No, and I am somewhat rabidly against even calling that set of hacks FIRMWORKSBUGS… if for no other reason than the Mac OpenFirmware is NOT the FirmWorks implementation, and it’s a bad name for what it really means … that it’s not a real-mode OpenFirmware implementation.

All of that low-level OF stuff needs to be cleaned up considerably, sigh.

-- thorpej