GENERIC.MP kernel not booting

System information:

Host:  PowerMac G4 (Gigabit) 450 DP
RAM:   2GB
Swap:  4GB
HDD:   80G drive, with about 70G of space left on it, single partition.

Hello,

  I’ve recently installed  NetBSD 9.0 and yesterday upgraded it to 9.1 using ‘sysupgrade’.  In both cases, I am unable to boot from the MP kernel.

   I do not have much configured on the system outside of SSH and using SSLH.   My questions are as follows:

    1.  Is this a known issue ?
    2.  Are there workarounds I can try ?
    3.  How do I collect the information and where can I upload it to ?  Bug tracking ?  Something else?
     4.  Is there any extra diagnostics I can enable to collect more information that would be helpful to folks ?

My background:   After 20+ years with Linux, switched to FreeBSD a couple of years ago.  After reviving my PowerMac a couple of weeks ago, installed NetBSD 9.0 on it as FBSD was not working properly on it, I’m forgetting the exact issue.

I may need NetBSD specific instructions as I’m still exploring it during my spare time, but am willing to work through this and resolve MP kernel issues.

cheers,

      mehul

--
Sent from my "smart" phone