Issues with wireless networking on Ibook G4

Hi,
I'm trying to use wifi on my ibookk g4 but i'm facing some issues.

First of all I tied to use the integrated AirPort Extreme card. The card seem to be well identified and assigned as "bwi0". Looking through the man I saw that the firmware was not included with netbsd. I downloaded it and extracted it where it should be (/libdata/firmware/bwi/V3).
Still the Wifi card doesn't seems to work. When I try to "up" the device I get a "bwi0: autoconfiguration error: device timeout" on console and in the logs."ifconfig bwi0 up; ifconfig bwi0 list scan" return nothing.
I found a closed PR wich seems to match my issue. However it'a back to NetBSD 4.0 and according to the PR, the patche should be apply from NetBSD 6.0 and so on. I tried with NetBSD macppc 8.0, 8.1 and 9.0. Same thing on all versions.

I also tried to use a usb wifi dongle ( Rosewill RNX-G1 ). Device is identified as urtw0. Nothing out of the ordinary seems to pop out in the logs. However it returns nothing when running "ifconfig  urtw0 up; ifconfig  urtw0  list scan". I tried with NetBSD macppc 8.1 and 9.0. I thoough it might simply be an incompatible device with NetBSD however I tried with a NetBSD 8.1 amd64 VM ( with usb passthrough) and it does return SSID when running "ifconfig  urtw0 up; ifconfig  urtw0  list scan".

Not sure but it might be related to the macppc port. Is WIFI ( ifconfig interface list scan) working on macppc ? Is it there some additionnal (obscure) steps on macppc to activate wifi ?

I will try to install NetBSD 6 and/or 7 on my Ibook to see if it was working before 8/9.