Re: Issues with NetBSD 8.1 macppc

On Sun, Oct 06, 2019 at 02:27:41PM -0400, Julien Savard wrote:
> Is it possible the ISO in https://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/iso/8.1/ still
> RC1 ?

Oops - indeed something went wrong here.

Unfortunately the macppc and mac68k iso images need manual work during
the release process, and apparently I made some mistake in that (not
sure what actually happened, the binary sets on the ISO are the right
ones, but the install kernel is the old one from RC1).

I will rebuild those two releases and replace the images with fixed
ones (and find out what actually went wrong and improve the documentation).

You should, however, be able to install the correct release from
that image anyway. Probably even better: during installation select
http for the sets and point the installer at a daily build using the URL:

	https://nycdn.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-8/latest/

Martin