tstile hangs on MacPPC running dump -> gzip

Hi,

I have an old problem on my MacPPC production machine that dates back to 2013 (see archives: Look for "tstile lockups")

I still see these hangs on my weekly backups when running dump. A process hangs - usually gzip - when I run my backups, and I can't reboot, because the hung process (waiting for tstile) won't die. I have to power cycle the machine after doing a shutdown (which hangs).

This is not a problem on the Intel CPUs. Only on my PPC box. (Mac Mini, 2005-vintage?)

Is anyone interested in tracking this down? I don't have the skills.

-dgl-