Re: radeonfb.c change for Mac Mini

Hello,

On Mon, 02 Jul 2018 01:10:45 +0900 (JST)
MOCHIDA Shuji <mochid%netside.co.jp@localhost> wrote:

> My Mac Mini, used to work with 6.1_STABLE kernel, now works with
> new radeonfb.c of current. I'm very happy with that, thank you very much.
>
>   http://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2018/06/28/msg096400.html
>
> Though, my LCD panel via DVI has dots 1600x1200, when switching to radeonfb,
> shrink to 1024x768.

This is odd, sounds like radeonfb didn't get EDID info from the monitor
or OpenFirmware and fell back to the default mode, for some reason.
Which is weird since your OF dump shows an EDID block.
It's either that or something in the EDID block confuses our code.

That said, please build a kernel with options RADEONFB_DEBUG and send
me the dmesg output. There will be a lot of debug spam in it, mostly
register values and such. Video output will also look slightly
different - the console will be restricted to the top 4/3 of the screen
so we can watch the glyph cache work in the lower part.

Also, does X work? Just startx without a config file should do it. If
it does come up please send me the Xorg.0.log as well.

have fun
Michael