Re: Netbooting mac mini g4

Hello,

On Wed, 20 Jun 2018 17:37:08 +0000 (UTC)
christos%astron.com@localhost (Christos Zoulas) wrote:

> In the process I discovered that the radeon driver is broken (I think
> we should remove it from generic until it is fixed; it is bad to
> supply a generic that does not work)

That's why it's removed in -8. It's in -current to catch issues like
that, we found and fixed a few others lately.
Is that a 1st generation Mini? As in PowerMac10,1?
What type of connection do you use - DVI or VGA-with-adaptor?
Also, what's the failure - just a black screen or something else?
I fixed it for 2nd generation Minis but things are wired slightly
different there and I suspect it's not handled correctly by Xorg either.
VGA /should/ work, but I can't find the correct wiring for DVI on 1st
generation Minis without the hardware.

have fun
Michael