Re: 8.0_BETA on Mac Mini G4 with bad CD drive...

Hello,

On Wed, 19 Jul 2017 17:33:54 +0300
Valery Ushakov <uwe%stderr.spb.ru@localhost> wrote:

> Another problem was the radeon driver.  I couldn't get it to work with
> the DVI output, so I had to disable it in the kernel config so that
> genfb can take over.  IIRC, this is the problem only with DVI, the VGA
> is ok.  But if you are not sure which display you are gonna use, it
> might make sense to proactively
>
>   no radeonfb*    at pci?

Something is weird with the way the DVI output is wired on at least
some Minis. DVI works as intended on all the Radeons I've got here
( admittedly, that's not many... )
I do remember a bunch of mac-specific hacks in the linux driver, but I
can't test and port them without hardware.

> Or we should get macallan a mac mini, not pun intended :)

I promise to do what I can to fix this if one magically shows up on my
doorstep ;)

have fun
Michael