Re: Wifi USB dongle usable on macppc?

On Fri, 25 Dec 2015 at 16:14:54 -0500, macallan1888%gmail.com@localhost wrote:
> Anything we have driver for should work on macppc just as well ( or
> not well ) as on x86.

Not necessarily in my experience. axe(4) wouldn't work reliably for me
on macppc, but it does work fine on amd64, evbarm, and i386.

On Fri, 25 Dec 2015 at 12:42:37 -0700, acruhl%gmail.com@localhost wrote:
> The recent-ish dongle from Apple is just axe based and works fine.

I think you're referring to a wired -- not wireless -- networking
device here? Your experience is different from mine, as I could not
get an axe(4) device to work reliably on an old iBook SE. At one
point, it was bringing the ohci(4) controller down[1], and otherwise
working unreliably[2], with lots of errors and finally freezing and/or
kernel panics, the last of which hosed the hard drive.

I see that skrll@ recently made a fix that may relate to my issue.[3]
I haven't re-tested yet (that machine has been gathering dust for
years).

Regards,

Dave

1. http://gnats.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=46334