Kernel panic with G4

So trying NetBSD for the first time I did a generic cd install and was successfully able to install netbsd according to the instructions at https://wiki.netbsd.org/tutorials/how_to_install_netbsd_on_a_power_macintosh_g4___40__grey__41__/#index6h1 . However, when I attempt too boot the hard drive using the cd's version of ofwboot.xcf I get a kernel panic in openfirmware that looks like this:

>> NetBSD/macppc OpenFirmware Boot, Revision 1.12
8038232+175536 [370048+369316]=0x887fe8
start=0x100000
No ADB support present, assuming USB keyboard
trap: kernel ISI by 0xff847288 (SRR1 0x40003030), Ir: 0x1001d0
panic: trap
Stopped

I found a similar error by searching "NetBSD macppc kernel ISI" that leads me to believe the problem has to do with 6.1.5.
Is it possible that current might work then?