Re: netbsd-7 on Old World hardware

I have been hearing that there was some significant bug introduced in
macppc (or ppc in general??) long ago.   I believe that -6 has the bug
and -5 does not, but almost certainly -4 does not.   Nobody has found it
yet, but I've seen reports of instability on newer code.  THat might or
might not be related to what you're doing.

I don't have any better ideas than bisecting, but it seems your machine
is not clearly showing the known problem (which results in lockups, I
think).

You might try NetBSD 6 on the 9600, for another datapoint.

I have a few macppc laptops, but not enough time to play with them yet
:-(