Re: Kernel traps while initializing kernel on a PowerMac 7600

Hello,

On Thu, 25 Dec 2014 15:34:44 -0800
Kris Hepler <khepler%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> Sorry for responding to myself, but I just noticed this line:
>
> > FF83F848:   /pci106b,1@B
>
> Previously, I glossed over it because I figured it was "the PCI bus".
> But now I notice the device ID and looked it up.  It's registered as
> an Apple Bandit.  So maybe it does have two bandits...

That's the 1st bandit, as seen from the other side - shows up as pchb0
at pci.

> FF83DF08: /chaos@F0000000

This is apparently what bandit1 is trying to attach to, and failing
somewhere along the way. Are you actually using the onboard video?

> Would I need to build -current from source?  I'm not really set up for
> that right now; could take a while.  Is a -current kernel or ISO
> available on the FTP site somewhere?

I'll build a kernel for you, with some additional debug output, when
I'm back from work. You should be able to netboot it ( boot
enet:,netbsd, via dhcp and tftp )

have fun
Michael