Re: powermac 7200/ppc 601 dmesg and video

Hello,

On Wed, 12 Feb 2014 10:45:54 -0700
scole_mail <scole_mail%gmx.com@localhost> wrote:

> I'm getting close to having patches ready for Powermac 7200/PPC601.
> I've gotten it to boot multi-user through serial console (dmesg
> below).

Nice!

> I'm still having issues though trying to get video.  Is there an
> output-device in openfirmware that can be used?

If I remember correctly OF can use the onboard video ( the /platinum
device ) - there's no NetBSD driver though. Shouldn't be hard to write
since it's just a dumb framebuffer, probably similar enough
to /valkyrie ( see macppc/dev/valkyriefb* and videopll* )
I'll dig up my 7200 and do that as soon as I can spare some time.

have fun
Michael