Re: 6.1.2 release cd doesn't boot

On 10/7/13 6:09 AM, Fabbri Matteo wrote:
I have tried to install NetBSD 6.1.2 macppc on some Apple PowerPC G5 machines (iMac
and PowerMac dual), but the cd doesn't boot…
I have also tried with OpenFirmware boot instruction as described in INSTALL
documentation:

boot cd:,\ofwboot.xcf netbsd.maccppc
but when it tries to load I receive this error message:

… invalid memory access
Do you have any idea?
matt

Unfortunately, I don't think G5s are well-supported; I think there are some patches floating around for a special kernel which may have some support, but it's definitely not in the release CD. :(

+j