Re: SMU support for PowerMac G5 11,2

On 07/12/13 21:01, Phileas Fogg wrote:
On 07/12/2013 08:44 PM, Phileas Fogg wrote:
But i had some lock panics :( Unfortunately, i couldn't get a ddb trace.
But i could reproduce the problem with iozone from pkgsrc today.

It panics in mutex_vector_enter with the message

'Mutex error: mutex_vector_enter: locking against myself'

Trying to debug it currently.

regards

I analyzed the problem a bit more and it is very odd.
Someone uses a spin mutex on a single-processor kernel,
which will never work because spinning on a single processor
doesn't make sense.
And mutex_vector_enter checks the type of a mutex
and if it's a spin mutex and we do not run in multiprocessor
mode then it panics.

Anyone else seeing that Phileas is postings are in the future !!!!

Above it shows his date is 12th July 2013 ??

Alan.