Re: OT: looking for parts for a powerpc mac

Hello,

On Tue, 11 Dec 2012 14:02:53 -0500 (EST)
Al <al%familysafeinternet.com@localhost> wrote:

> I would like to put one of my macs back together, so that I can run
> NetBSD on it again. I am looking for an Atto scsi controller and an Acard
> scsi-to-sata bridge. Does anyone know where I could find these things for
> cheap?

why not just use a generic PCI(-X) SATA card and boot from a cf card with root
and everything else on a SATA disk or something like that? That's probably both
cheaper and faster than SCSI and a SCSI-SATA converter. I'm doing that on both
sparc64 and macppc, Silicon Image PCI-X SATA cards go for ~$35 and work fine
with NetBSD.
( assuming you have a G4 with 64bit slots, otherwise a cheaper 32bit VIA card
would do  )