compiling with CPU optimizations

Hello,

I am building a new userland, kernel, and updating all my packages. I am updating a Mac G3 Blue & White 450 MHz.
cpu0 at mainbus0: 750 (Revision 2.2), ID 0 (primary)
cpu0: HID0 8090c0a4<EMCP,DOZE,DPM,ICE,DCE,SGE,BTIC,BHT>, powersave: 1
cpu0: 450.00 MHz, no-parity 1MB WT L2 cache (PB SRAM) at 2:1 ratio

What should COPTS+=, CFLAGS+=, and COPTFLAGS+= be in mk.conf? I have tried to look this up, but I can't find documentation about it. Where should I find documentation? Also, what cpu is it telling me it has in the dmesg?

I am hoping that updating will fix some of the crashing issues that I have and maybe provide a performance increase.

Thanks,
Al