Re: installing using serial console and cross compiling

Hi,

On Jun 14, 2012, at 8:44 PM, Christos Zoulas wrote:

On Jun 14,  3:32pm, al%familysafeinternet.com@localhost (Al Zick) wrote:

| >> This system has 128MB of ram and 768 of swap. I am not sure if that | >> is enough. I tried trying unlimit before starting the build. I still
| >> get the same error. Is there anything else that I can try?
| >
| > Compile libc with USE_JEMALLOC=yes, and perhaps try undef'ing
| > USE_BRK in
| > it, if that fails.
|
| Would it be possible for you to give me a quick how-to on this?
Something like:

$ echo USE_JEMALLOC=yes >> /etc/mk.conf
$ cp /lib/libc.so.12.XXX /lib/libc.so.12.XXX.old # replace XXX with the actual
$ cd /usr/src/lib/libc
$ make USETOOLS=never clean dependall install

christos

Thanks for the how-to. I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks,
Al