Re: Boot support for FFV2

On Jan 22, 2012, at 8:30 PM, John Klos wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It seems that none of these ports have support for booting from FFSv2
> partitions. Is anyone working on fixing this?

I can boot from FFSv2 just fine on macppc using ofboot.  No HFS partition
needed!  Not sure how else you can boot PPC.

On the mac68k front, if I had the time, I'd like to take some ideas from the
EMILE Linux bootloader (which uses a custom boot block to boot 68k Linux
straight from a floppy or, with somewhat more limited success, SCSI) to make a
BSD bootloader.  Ideally one where you don't have to build a bootloader image
with the kernel file included, but something that'll boot from bare metal would
be nice.

- Dave