Re: ofwboot.xcf fails to load kernel from MS-DOS formated USB-memory(OpenFirmware 3)

I have now tested a number of combinations of filesystem sizes, FAT16
and FAT12, bootable and not bootable. Sizes between 2880KB and 128MB,
same error every time.
I only tried 2880KB with FAT12.

I got worried that the USB-memory itself was broken and tested with
another USB-memory, while it got the same errors, it did not crash
(look up), instead I got back to the boot: command line. It seems like
ofwboot can't read the kernel from the FAT16/12 partition on the
USB-memory. I also tried OpenBSD's ofwboot with bsd.rd (generic kernel
with ramdisk, like netbsd's generic md) and got the same errors,
although a lot more verbose and it told me that it can't read/find the
file.

It almost seems like OpenFirmware gives ofwboot a file-location which
it can't read. ofwboot can't list any kernels in that partition. I'm
really confused.