Re: Powermac G5 support

On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 8:24 AM, Julio Merino <jmmv%julipedia.org@localhost>
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm tempted to get a second-hand Powermac G5 but I am wondering if
> NetBSD-current runs on it.
>
> If it runs, should I be aware of anything in particular like special
> OpenFirmware versions or specific machine models?
>
> Also, if it runs: is it there support for multiprocessor and 64 bits?

It's only been recently since the G5 is supported, but I'm pretty sure
it's 32 bits. I've been out of this for a while though. Here's the
supported models page in case you didn't see it:

http://www.netbsd.org/ports/macppc/models.html

Multiple processors work from what I remember. I think there were a
few small projects to get a 64 bit kernel to boot. I suppose we should
just look at the code...

Andy