Re: Entering Open Firmware Console

On Apr 20, 2011, at 9:48 PM, Randy Beaudreault wrote:

> After upgrading my Mac mini G4 to 5.1, I built a custom kernel containing the
> Open Firmware console. Now that I have OF console in kernel, how do I
> enter/invoke it?

Why would you want to use it?

I didn't use it for a (long) while, however I remember that:
- It's a console (tty) driver, like ofb/genfb + wsdisplay, but very simple.
Should just work, provided other console drivers are not present in the kernel.
- It does not let you enter OF prompt while NetBSD is running (if that is what
you want).
- If you want to mess with OF from the user space see eeprom(8) and ofctl(8)
utilities.

Best regards,
Radoslaw Kujawa