Re: PowerPC 970 (G5) 64-bit support

On 11 Apr 2011, at 15:57 , Michael wrote:
> There's already a 64bit pmap.c.

I didn't know that.  I don't think it's the one in the powerpc/oea
directory, though.

    $ grep ^\#error powerpc/oea/pmap.c
    #error unknown variant for pmap
    #error PMAP_OEA64 not supported
    #error PPC_OEA64 not supported

My guesstimation was that it would minimally need the missing code
above filled in and support for running with a 32-bit user land
written to get a kernel to the point where there was enough code in
there to make it worth trying to debug booting the thing.

Dennis Ferguson