Re: Diskless PowerMac G4 hangs on reboot/poweroff

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011, John D. Baker wrote:
Possibly related is that under heavy NFS operation (attempting to build
larger packages out of pkgsrc) the machine will hang and be completely
unresponsive, again except for wscons although that's probably a side
effect of the NFS going off in the weeds.  It never complains that the
server isn't responding, though--at least that I can see.

I was just trying to build lang/perl5 (dependency of many packages) and
it hung.  At least this time there were some console messages:

  trap: pid 1334.1 (try): user ISI trap @ 0 (SRR1=0x4000d032)
  trap: pid 12358.1 (try): user DSI trap @ 0x25732560 by 0xefeeefc4 (DSISR
0x40000000, err=14)

I can't really say if or how closely related the events are and the pids
are inscrutable since the machine is unresponsive.  The last thing the
perl build displayed was:

  [...]
  Writing Makefile for Switch
  [hung]

The terminal driver is still accepting/echoing characters and wscons
lets me switch terminals, but that's it.