Re: Working with OF3 multi-boot and default settings

On "Sun, 29 Aug 2010 10:12:47 -0500",
Donald Lee <MacPPC2%caution.icompute.com@localhost> wrote:

>Anything that can make the NetBSD boot process more seamless with Mac
>procedures, and less fragile is pure goodness.  The idea of using an
>OF script as a bridge between the standard "multi-boot" and
>NetBSD is cool.    This technique could be used, for instance, to
>make a CD that would boot by holding down the "c" on the keyboard,
>and go directly to NetBSD.
>
>Thank you for posting this.

You're welcome.

I suppose I should also note that the process I used works in a pure
NetBSD environment; building the HFS image on a NetBSD netboot server
let me skip every step that would normally happen on MacOS.

My wishlist for the script is to get it to read its partition number
and apply it to the boot command as "n" and "n+1". That and be able
to set the screen resolution to work around OF3 getting confused by
the KVM switch it's probing....