Re: Dualboot Mac OS X and NetBSD on Power Mac?

On Apr 27, 2010, at 15:27, Michael wrote:
On Apr 27, 2010, at 2:58 PM, Chris Ross wrote:
I have a quad-core Power Mac G5 that I'm thinking about pushing into a server-class machine in the closet at some point over the next year. But, for now, it's still my primary desktop machine. So, I have two main questions:

1) Does NetBSD/macppc run (well?) on this hardware?

No.

Okay. Well, then that's clearly more important to address first. :-)

What doesn't work well? Does it work at all? I'm not concerned about 64-bit support, as I only have 3 GB of memory and would be using this as a storage server if not more than a compute server. I saw something in mailing lists about the SATA controller not being supported? Is that the/a core issue?

Is there any work being done on getting this hardware [fully] supported in the macppc NetBSD port?

                           - Chris