Re: Installing and booting and OF3 machine from a single empty internaldisk, not working

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 3:03 PM, Izumi Tsutsui
<tsutsui%ceres.dti.ne.jp@localhost> wrote:
>> Then it stops when it can't find the root disk (which is wd1, not wd0).
>
> Can you provide info about "devalias" command output on OF prompt
> and "wd1 at foo0" attach lines on NetBSD kernel?

Ok, I'm not sure what I need to put here from devalias, but here is some stuff:

ide0 /pci/@d/mac-io/ata-3@20000
cd /pci/@d/mac-io/ata-3@20000/disk@0
ide1 /pci/@d/pci-ata@1/ata-4@0
hd /pci/@d/pci-ata@1/ata-4@0/disk@0
ultra0 /pci/@d/pci-ata@1/ata-4@0/disk@0
ultra1 /pci/@d/pci-ata@1/ata-4@0/disk@1

From the install kernel from your CD:

wd1 at atabus0 drive 1: <ST3200822A>

It's a 200 gig Seagate drive. NetBSD detects it as a 189 gig drive,
OSX thinks it's 128 gig (no extended ata stuff I guess).

Andy