Re: 5.0.1 lockups on disk access

Am Fri den 04 Sep 2009 um 03:07:39PM -0400 schrieb Michael:
> Hello,
>
> > I'm trying to install 5.0.1 on a dual G4. When I do a disk-intensive
> > operation such as newfs or dd /dev/zero to it, the machine locks
> > solid.

I tried to boot a 5.0.1 on a G4 Cube and it always freezes during the
init scripts (named was the last started, it seems network related).
It was possible to abort the init scripts by hitting CTRL-C. I could
mount the disks and build a 4.0.1 kernel without problems. But the
fsck crashed once out of maybe ten times.

> > I've tried this with a couple of different machines, a couple of
> > different hard drives and with the drives as slave and master.

The Cube is a single CPU machine. It runs perfect with 4.0.1. Anybody
else seen this?

> Please try a DIAGNOSTIC kernel.

I'll try this too.

Regards,