Re: PowerBook 5,8 and keyboards

Hi,

Ok, we have success.

I had to remove all of the firewire devices like I did for the Pismo,
and, pbms, the PowerBook 15" mouse device.

Now, with an external mouse (of course) it boots just fine and comes up
in X.  It doesn't quite make 1440x960, but, other than that looks good.

BTW, I'm not sure I've said anything, but, 5.0.1 is a far smoother
release that previous ones on macppc.  It's really very nice.

I've gotten it to work on

Colored iBook
Pismo
Lombard
TiBook 667
PowerMac G4/AGP
and the PowerBook 15", Ie, a 5,8.

and it has basically been trouble free.  Thanks very much.

cheers

bruce