Re: Change endianess on G4?

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 11:07 AM, jim smith <n0oct%sbcglobal.net@localhost>
wrote:
> I remember reading somewhere that the endianness of some architectures
> [specifically big- to little-endian] can be changed by a software
> switch or jumper on a motherboard.
>
> Is this possible with a Mac G4?  If so, would NetBSD macppc even run on
> such a machine?

I've never heard of changing endianness on a Mac. I think there are
certain powerpc chips (the embedded type stuff) that can be run either
way, but those aren't macppc.

Anyway, the NetBSD/macppc kernel is compiled for whatever endian it
is, and it would be a different NetBSD port name if there was another
one that was the opposite (like mipsel vs. mipseb).

Andy