Getting debug info from a kernel hang on a Mac Mini?

Is there a way to extract useful information from a hung kernel on a Mac Mini? From what I've read, it has no serial console even as a motherboard header, and these kernel hangs are leaving the Mini unresponsive to USB and ethernet.

(They're presumably USB-related, since they tend to happen when I plug, unplug, or reset an experimental USB device I'm working on.)

I've tried compiling a kernel with DIAGNOSTIC, DEBUG, and DDB_ONPANIC=1 options, but other than a few more console messages during normal plug/unplug operations they're not providing any more information about the crashes.

I'm probably not up for fixing the underlying problem myself but if I can get more information I can at least file a useful pr.

I'm running 5.0 on (of course) a ppc mac mini.