G3 upgrade L2 cache (was Re: severely bad timekeeping)

> You can find out more about your CPU card from this page:

> http://www.lowendmac.com/ppc/g3card.shtml

That helps only if you already know the make/model of the CPU.  I was
hoping there would be a way to get it to tell me how big its cache is,
what clock ratio it wants, that sort of stuff.

I just pulled the card.  It's a "Sonnet Crescendo G3" and the sticker
also says "300/512".  Since NetBSD says it runs at "305.89 MHz", I am
inclined to assume the 300 is the clock speed and the 512 is the cache
size.  This helps, but still leaves me wondering what clock ratio to
use and which of the L2RAM values it wants.

If I get those values set wrong, can it actually fry hardware, or will
it corrupt memory at worst?

\ / Ribbon Campaign