Re: OF boot delay to allow disk to come alive?

My bad,

This technique involves you have a small (1~2MiB is sufficient) HFS partition which you will use to start the bootloader. On that partition you will add the ofwboot.xcf and create a file called bootbsd.of and include the following in it:

---bootbsd.of----------
\ netbsd open-firmware boot command
." hello1" cr
" screen" output
." hello2" cr
boot hd:,\ofwboot.xcf hd:9,/netbsd

Replace the last line with your boot command. This will usually create enough of a delay to wait for the drives to spin up. If the delay is not long enough, you'll be able to play with the script to make it wait a little longer. This is what worked on my PM9600 and my PM G4 Digital Audio (the former needed disk spin time and the latter video startup time). Later on to setup auto boot use "setenv boot-command boot hd:,\bootbsd.of".

Hope this helps,
Matth