Re: NetBSD 4.0.1 on 7300 with G3 card

Am 09.02.2009 um 06:35 schrieb Michael:

With cards like this it's always half or less. I'd start with half speed / write back.

half speed, i.e. 250 MHz, seems to be OK according to the product description. Which of the following three options should I try?

#define  L2RAM_FLOWTHRU_BURST   0x00000000
#define  L2RAM_PIPELINE_BURST   0x01000000
#define  L2RAM_PIPELINE_LATE    0x01800000

why on earth is NetBSD talking about a Lucent Sierra Wireless mobile adapter??? Is this a PCI ID mismatch in the kernel?

Yes and no. My guess is that the 'Sierra Wireless AirCard' is just another USB controller and a EVDO modem hooked up to it crammed into a cardbus card, which just happened to use the exact same PCI ID for the USB part.

maybe, but still it is incorrect to call that entry Sierra Wireless AirCard then.
OpenBSD for example has

product LUCENT USBHC2           0x5802  USB 2-port

http://pcwelt-wiki.de/wiki/11c1:5802:0000:0000 has

Vendor:  11c1 Agere Systems

Device: 5802 USS-312 USB Controller

So I think on NetBSD we should change in src/sys/dev/pci/pcidevs the line

product LUCENT EVDO             0x5802  Sierra Wireless AirCard 580

into

product LUCENT USBHC2           0x5802  2-port USB Host Controller

and update src/sys/dev/pci/pcidevs.h and src/sys/dev/pci/pcidevs_data.h

--
Georg Schwarz    http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/
georg.schwarz%freenet.de@localhost  +49 151 11559652