Re: Trying to boot on PowerMac 7200/90

Hi,

On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 10:56 PM, Wojciech Galazka
<wgalazka.dev%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> I'm having trouble trying to get PowerMac 7200/90 up and running NetBSD.
> So far I managed to change ofwboot.xcf to work with PPC601 and reduced
> the size of a customized kernel down to about 2.7 MB. Trying to netboot
> this kernel results in the follwing
>
> 1 The modified loader called 'b4.xcf' behaves correctly
> 2 It reads the stripped down kernel called 'wg2' over tftp,
> 3 it seems to load the kernel to memory
> 4 then execution is passed on to the kernel
> 5 fron this point on nothing seems to happen as if the kernel got stuck
> 6 There is no difference if real-mode? setting is set true or false. The
> results are the same
>
> Some more details
> Altivec code is disabled in kernel
> No changes were made to segment / BAT  / handing in kernel
> Actually nothing except config file trimming

Are you defining the PPC_OEA601 option when compiling your kernel?
(Sorry for the stupid question, but is just to be sure...)

> I tried the same openprom settings, the same loader and kernel on a machine
> with PPC604, results are attached below.
> I did not investigate the trap, which seems to be the result of
> lack of hardware support as a consequence of kernel config trimming down.
[...]
> mc0 at obio0 offset 0x11000trap: kernel ISI by 0x7c3142a4 (SRR1
> 0x40001032), lr: 0x2d355c

Tthis panic doesn't seem to be caused by your kernel config, but
rather by the if_mc.c driver which is broken in -current  (a patch is
available at
<http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-macppc/2008/09/01/msg000386.html>).

Regards and hope you progress with your project,
Marco.