Re: bwi(4): Broadcom AirForce BCM43xx IEEE 802.11b/g wifi driver

   Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 11:05:54 -0400
   From: Michael Lorenz <macallan%netbsd.org@localhost>

   Cool, thanks for doing this!
   I'll give it a shot on my iBook G4 and commit it unless someone beats
   me to it.

Excellent, thanks!  I've put two kernels up for folks who would like
to test this -- one based on a pretty recent netbsd-4, and one based
on HEAD as of last night.  They're at

<http://people.csail.mit.edu/riastradh/nbsd/nbsd4-bwi.gz>
<http://people.csail.mit.edu/riastradh/nbsd/nbsd-current-bwi.gz>.

Both boot on my PowerBook G4 and talk with my AirPort Extreme card
(BCM4306), well enough to associate with an access point and send
packets to my MacBook; I'm using nbsd4-bwi.gz right now pretty
successfully.  They were both configured with

options         DIAGNOSTIC
options         DEBUG
makeoptions     DEBUG="-g"
options         OFB_ENABLE_CACHE
bwi*    at pci? dev ? function ?

I set OFB_ENABLE_CACHE because the console was too painfully slow for
me to work with it while debugging.  So if you're running a rev. A-D
iMac, or any other machine on which the option is sketchy, you may not
want to use these kernels.  bwi(4) will by default be extremely
verbose -- all debugging flags are enabled except for interrupts --,
but you can turn this off with `sysctl -w hw.bwi0.debug=0'.

If you test this, please let me know how it goes!