auto-boot Beige G3

Hi,

I have been working the server for a few days now. It will boot off of its
own hard drive, but I can't get it to autoboot. It would be great if I
could send it to the colo auto-booting, because I am not sure if they will
like it this way.

The monitor says that the frequency is out of range, select another
setting. It looks like it doesn't initialize its console unless you go to
the open firmware first. Although, it may actually start to boot. It
sounds like it accesses the hard drive, but fails part of the way through,
but I am not able to ssh to it. I tried putting in:

setenv boot-command " screen" output boot
setenv auto-boot? true
reset-all

It would only take me back to the firmware prompt.
So I tried:

setenv boot-command " screen" output 0 bootr

Same thing, it doesn't boot, just puts me into open firmware.

I also tried setenv output-device screen, since I had it set to pci/@12
before. This didn't make a difference either.

So, what needs to be done to initialize its console? I have searched and
searched the mailing list, but I haven't found a solution. I have even
looked at what people have done to get their Beige G3 to auto-boot from
the firmware who run linux, yet nothing has yielded a solution. Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Al