Re: deadlocks

Michael Lorenz wrote:

> maybe it's just me but my dual-G4 deadlocks, build.sh will trigger it
> sooner or later. Funny thing is, I don't see that on macppc with only
> one CPU or on sparc64 SMP. Kernels up to 4.99.54 don't deadlock,
> everything from 4.99.55 up does.
> [...]
> So does anyone with or without SMP on powerpc see deadlocks since
> 4.99.55?

I had never put enough load onto my Pegasos to confirm that, but I have
deadlocks on my PowerMac single-G4 with NetBSD 3.1 from time to time.

I already reported that to you some time ago, and suspected it has to do
with the mac-audio driver. Now it looks to me that it is caused by high
network load.

Yes, this has certainly nothing to do with your deadlocks now, but I wanted
to mention it again. :)

--
    _  Frank Wille (frank%phoenix.owl.de@localhost)
 _ //  http://sun.hasenbraten.de/~frank/