Subject: Re: iBook clamshell audio
To: Masafumi Hotta <ma-500@khaki.plala.or.jp>
From: Marco Trillo <marcotrillo@gmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/01/2007 20:03:43
Hi,

On 12/1/07, Marco Trillo <marcotrillo@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Setting the volume to 80,80 again, it was enough to use with my
> > headphones, and 250,250 was to much.
>
> Yes, 250 is expected to be a high volume. It corresponds to +18 dB.
> The 0 dB point corresponds to value 176, so this should be the highest
> possible value that can be used without distortion.

Oops, that of the 176 value and the 'distortion' should be ignored;
please excuse.

Another thing I forgot to mention is that I have to improve the
interaction between the 'i2s' driver, the codec driver -- in this case
'dac3550a' -- and the mixer layer, so the codec driver can control its
own mixer items instead of having a set of common items for 'i2s'.

For example, the 'bass' and 'treble' items are not relevant for the
dac3350a, since it does not support bass and treble.

Greetings,
Marco