Subject: iMac Rev.C(266MHz) - current - strange characters
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: Ryo Chiba <deadskin_mask@sky.bbexcite.jp>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/17/2007 20:19:56
Hello, I've got an iMac Rev.C(266MHz, strawberry) and
installed fresh snapshot of NetBSD/macppc(20071116; kernel=GENERIC 4.99.36).

However, when I fire up that iMac and boot NetBSD-current,
some random charactors of dmesg and other messages, login prompt
are invisible(in other word, oddiy, or buggy).
Of course Mac OS 9.2.2(JP) works fine and
there's no hardware problem, it's just software problem.

I tried modifing GENERIC kernel config on the other i386 laptop and
replaced, but these problems remain.
My custom kernel changed black fg to white and white one to black.
Also, I changed kernel font for a few fonts and removed radeonfb support,
but the charactors are still invisible or not steady.

Please check this issue if someone has iMac 5 flavors model(Rev.A-C).
My iMac keyboard is US English 101key and the mouse is Logitec OEM.

P.S. I'll get Lime color Rev.C iMac Machine soon.
A test will be reported to this mailing list.

Thanks
Ryo Chiba