Subject: testing lighttpd with fast-cgi
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: DataZap <az@datazap.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/14/2007 09:42:43
Hi,

I am still having problems with lighttpd, but only when I use fast-cgi for
php. It seems as though something goes wrong inside of lighttpd when it is
pushed really hard and it stops communicating with the php processes, but
it still keeps serving the static content. I am running this on a server
with 2.1. I am trying to determine if the problem with lighttpd is only on
older NetBSD systems (like 2.1), or with non-intel architectures, effects
all of NetBSD regardless, or is inherent to lighttpd. Is there anyone
willing to test this with the latest version of NetBSD macppc? You will
need to simulate several hundred php hits a second possibly for days to be
a fair test.

Also, on my G3 B&W running NetBSD 2.1, I can't reliably start spawn-fcgi.
In fact, I have only been able to start it once. I was wondering if anyone
can test this too?

Thanks,
Al