Subject: Re: OT: HW-issue, PowerBook G4 Ti does not power on
To: Schwerzmann, Stephan <stephan.schwerzmann@schmid-telecom.ch>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@netbsd.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/12/2007 09:01:31
On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 12:11:15PM +0100, Schwerzmann, Stephan wrote:
>   is there a way to verify the power adapter operates normally?
>   what voltage at which pins are expected?
>   is there a way to crack open the power adapter?
>   I'd like to verify that some DC comes out of it, that the DC cable is
> still firmly attached. (the proprietary plug apple uses is... hard to
> tap)

I think the best bet is to try to tap the hard-to-tap adapter.  I don't
know what that one looks like, but I seem to recall issues with the
power connector on some laptops--either at the end of the power adapter
cable or the jack in the powerbook.

You might take a look at http://www.ifixit.com/
It has a (not encouraging) FAQ about the "Titanium Mercury" (is that
yours?) not turning on.

-allen

--
Allen Briggs  |  http://www.ninthwonder.com/~briggs/  |  briggs@ninthwonder.com