Subject: Re: awacs driver
To: Michael Lorenz <macallan@NetBSD.org>
From: Frank Wille <frank@phoenix.owl.de>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/09/2007 19:34:35
Michael Lorenz wrote:

>> [..awacs causing deadlock..]
> Ouch, that does look like an interrupt deadlock.
>
>> This is a PowerMac G4 (Sawtooth) 400 MHz with 1.25 GB RAM. The load
>> was not
>> too high (mainly caused by Firefox). I was just starting a new live
>> stream on
>> xmms when it happened.
>
> Ok, my G4 isn't too different from that ( AGP, 2x 500MHz G4, 896MB )
> - - - let's see if I can reproduce it. I've been listening to music a
> lot, maybe network activity at the same time triggers it.

Did you make it?

I was able to repeat it a few times now. Just run xmms with an MP3 radio
live-stream in background. Then compile a few packages, or download some
files with firefox.

BTW, seems that the lockup is not  instantly. The last two times I observed
that it takes 1 or 2 seconds where the mouse-pointer becomes very slow and
starts jumping, before everything freezes.

But the music keeps playing, which means that the network still works
(although I cannot login).

--
    _  Frank Wille (frank@phoenix.owl.de)
 _ //  http://sun.hasenbraten.de/~frank/