Subject: Re: [patch] snapper(4) issues
To: Michael Lorenz <macallan@netbsd.org>
From: Marco Trillo <marcotrillo@gmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/08/2007 15:33:25
Hi,

On 10/7/07, Michael Lorenz <macallan@netbsd.org> wrote:
> >  o In the bass, treble and gain controls, center the 0 dB point at the
> > value 128. This is to make them easier to configure and set up
> > correctly: the 128 value is the neutral value (so bass/treble/gain is
> > disabled -- which is what is desired in many cases). Values higher
> > than 128 emphasize bass/treble or add gain; values lesser than 128
> > deemphasize bass/treble or add negative gain. Also make 128 the
> > default value.
>
> Hmm, I thought it already was that way. At least it was my intention
> when adding bass/treble controls for TAS3004.

Yeah, it's the mixer gain setting (the "monitor.dac" setting in
mixerctl) the one that has the problem (0 dB corresponds non-exactly
at the 208 value). I erroneously  extrapolated that to the bass/treble
ones too, but they are correct. Sorry for mentioning them.

By the way, the patch is already at PR database with id 37076...

Thanks,
Marco.