Subject: Re: ADB setup
To: None <macallan@netbsd.org>
From: SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei_sun@ba2.so-net.ne.jp>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/05/2007 05:14:07
Hello,

> > Do you have a test kernel with the patch incorporated?
>
> Sure:
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/macallan/macppc/netbsd_4_generic

Thanks.  I downloaded and tested this kernel and 4.0RC2
GENERIC, both powered down when I pressed f2 key repeatedly.

> > BTW, my PowerBook G4 12" powered down when I hitted f2 key
> > twice or more with the kernel 3.99.x or earlier, but 4.99.31
> > works fine.  Not tested 4.0.x.
>
> Sounds like something trying to control brightness on a PMU that
> doesn't support it - same thing, PMU thinks it got an invalid command
> and powers down.

Both kernel I checked dropped into ddb when I loaded them
with -a option and did the key-pressing test on prompt with
root partition.  I set the OF variable input-device to
keyboard, not adb-keyboard.  Hope this helps.

Regards,

--
SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei_sun@ba2.so-net.ne.jp>