Subject: Re: 4.0 SMP problems?
To: Michael Lorenz <macallan@NetBSD.org>
From: Allen Wong <allen@submoron.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/03/2007 22:31:48
--HlL+5n6rz5pIUxbD

Michael,

-> This G4 boots from an IDE disk and still has the R128 it came with. =20
-> I'd strongly suggest to try a uniprocessor kernel to check if the =20
-> problem is really SMP related.

I tried booting with a uniprocessor kernel with the same results.

-> Then, did you build your own kernels? If so please try a /very/ =20
-> recent 4.0 GENERIC. Also, those links to dmesg and ofctl output you =20

I downloaded the kernels from the NetBSD ftp site.  The full path is:

/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-4.0_RC2/macppc/binary/kernel/netbsd-GENERIC.MP.gz
/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-4.0_RC2/macppc/binary/kernel/netbsd-GENERIC.gz

-> posted earlier don't seem to work right now ( www. submoron.org =20
-> doesn't resolve )

My apache server is back up now.  The files are located at:

http://www.submoron.org/dmesg.txt
http://www.submoron.org/ofctl.txt

-> Finally, do you run into the same problem when attempting to boot =20
-> from any IDE device?
->=20

I'll attach an IDE disk and test it.  Thank you for your time and help.

Allen
--=20
If all about you there are people panicking while you remain calm and seren=
e, maybe you don't belong on Wall Street.
    Alan Abelson, editor Barron's
10:20PM  up 12 days,  1:19, 2 users, load averages: 0.19, 0.49, 0.64

--HlL+5n6rz5pIUxbD

--HlL+5n6rz5pIUxbD--