Subject: Re: radeonfb(4) resolution
To: Michael Lorenz <macallan@netbsd.org>
From: Marco Trillo <marcotrillo@gmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/20/2007 12:49:54
Hi,

On 9/20/07, Michael Lorenz <macallan@netbsd.org> wrote:
> > This means that not all the virtual screen will be visible in the
> > physical screen.
>
> This may or may not have been intentional - after all, radeonfb
> wasn't originally written with macppc in mind and I don't know if the
> device it was written for actually uses the virtual resolution. Looks
> like a bug to me though.

I think the intention was to select the largest resolution of all
monitors in case there are multiple monitors. But in this case each
monitor has more than one mode, and this confuses the algorithm, which
will merge the two modes in the list instead of only the actual used
mode for that monitor.

---
Thanks,
Marco