Subject: Re: NetBSD 4.0 Release Candidate 1 available for download
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Urban Boquist <urban@boquist.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/18/2007 11:13:01
Hi all,

I tried booting the 4.0 RC1 "macppccd.iso" from the URL at the bottom on
my PPC Mac Mini but I can not get it to boot, no matter what OF commands I try.

Does anyone know if that image is supposed to be bootable? Or is there
still some problem with "makefs" for macppc?

If I mount the CD manually it looks like it is just a copy of the
macppc releasedir, not a "real" release CD.

For reference, this one boots just fine for me:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-3.1/iso/macppccd-3.1.iso

Best regards,

     -- Urban

Liam> Hello, On behalf of the NetBSD Release Engineering Team, it is
Liam> my pleasure to announce that the first release candidate for
Liam> NetBSD 4.0 has been released.

Liam> Binaries and ISO's are available from:

Liam> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-4-0-RC1/200709011431Z/